For purposes of clarity, hereinafter we refer to the user of the Site as the “User” or “You”.
CALTOM will recognize as the owner of the personal data provided the person to whom they refer and belong.
By visiting the Site you accept the policies described in this Privacy Notice.
What personal information does the Site collect?
The information we collect from our Users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Site. Below we disclose the information we obtain through what kind of means, always related to the activities, purposes and objectives of CALTOM.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on the Site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide us for purposes such as responding to your requests, customizing future purchases, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the Site or other content served by or on behalf of CALTOM on other websites.
- Mobile: When you download or use applications created by CALTOM or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to disable location services.
- Payment Information: We collect your financial information (such as your bank account or credit card information) when you use the Payment Methods.
- Other Information: You may otherwise choose to provide us with information when you fill out a form, perform a search, update or add information to your Site account, respond to surveys, post on community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the CALTOM platform.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to allow our systems to recognize it and identify small amounts of information that is stored on your computer in order for the browser you use to remember certain information and allow you to identify and save your personal preferences.
What are Web Beacons?
CALTOM may use tracking technologies such as web beacons, similar to cookies, to collect data about your visits to the Site; which consist of electronic images embedded in web content or email messages that allow the generation of personalized content to offer the User a better experience on the Site.
In the same way, in case of not agreeing with any of the conditions established here, the User may change the configuration of his browser.
Does the Site share the information it receives?
Information about our Users is an important part of our business, so it is our priority to protect it. We share User information only as described below and with subsidiaries that CALTOM controls, which are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include order fulfillment, package delivery, postage and email, removal of repetitive information from customer lists, data analysis, marketing assistance, search results and links (including paid listings and links), payment processing with credit card and supply customer service. They have access to personal information necessary to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, Users' information is generally one of the transferred business assets, but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice (unless, of course, the User consents otherwise). Furthermore, in the unlikely event that CALTOM or substantially all of its assets are acquired, User information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
- Site Protection: We share account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our Users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or disclosing Users' personally identifiable information for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: Other than as set forth above, you will receive notice when your information may go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share such information.
Management of your information
You will be able to access and update some of your information through your account features. Only you will be responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
Rectification of incorrect or incomplete information
You have the right to ask us to rectify any incorrect or incomplete personal information that you cannot change directly in your account.
Access to data
You have the right to request copies of your personal data that we store.
Data retention and deletion
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to achieve the due execution of transactions between CALTOM and Users, as well as to comply with our legal obligations.
If you do not want us to continue using your information to make our Services available to you through the Site, you can at any time ask us to delete your personal information and consequently close your account with us, taking into account that, if you request the deletion of your personal information:
- We may retain certain personal data to the extent necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as detecting and preventing fraud and improving security. That is, if we suspend an account for fraud or security reasons, we may retain certain account information to prevent you from opening another account with us in the future.
- We may retain and use certain personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. That is, keep part of your information in compliance with your tax, legal information and audit obligations.
- Because we make sure to protect our system, like our computers, from accidental or malicious loss or destruction, certain residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems during a limited period of time.
The exercise of the rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (the “ARCO Rights”) must be carried out by sending an email to mercadotecnia@caltom. mx including the following information:
- Address of the User or other means to communicate the response to the request.
- Documents to prove identity (IFE/INE or passport) and, where appropriate,
documents proving the legal representation of the applicant.
- A description of the information / data on which you want to exercise the rights
You must take into account that the revocation of your consent does not affect the legality of the data processing subject to your consent that was carried out before said revocation.
Presentation of claims
You have the right to file complaints regarding the data processing activities carried out by Us with the competent data protection authorities.
What information can I access?
The Site gives you access to a wide range of information about your account and your interactions with CALTOM for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Acceptance of terms and consent
We will consider that the owner of the data provided, tacitly consents to their treatment, in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Notice, accepts its terms by entering the requested data. Likewise, in the event that the information we collect is provided by a third person, it will be understood that said person has the authorization and consent to make use of them.
Modifications to the privacy notice.
This Privacy Notice may undergo modifications, changes or updates derived, among other things, due to new legal requirements; CALTOM's own needs, for the products or services offered; for privacy practices; due to changes in the business model, and/or for any reason.
Any modification to this privacy notice will be notified to you through a message made known through the Site.
LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 15, 2022